Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

The ideal age of marriage?

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

how are u guys ?

i wanna ask about

what is the best age to get married,

and have childern for girls?

and plz can u tell us some of ur experiances..

thanks alot.

10:39 PM Jan 27 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

leenan

China

hi . i  think the best age to get married is around  30. i wanna enjoy my own life  .

03:24 AM Jan 28 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

I think the best age for marriage is around 26 – 30 y.o. Both man or woman is getting mature and ready by financial. And then they can have children 1 or 2..(it is not too old to get more than it, isn't it?Wink..). For me, I'm married when I was 27 y.o. It was right time to build new family and I can tell U, I really enjoy it.., have fun with your marriage..

03:52 AM Jan 28 2008 |

sherryyu

sherryyu

China

as a girl, certainly i think the best time for marriage is 24-28 years old, if it is too earlier, then maybe it is not good for your health and body, at the same time, maybe we are not very mature at that age, if it is too late, certainly it is not good for your baby and health, but the most important thing is that you can't find the suitable man when you get older. you have lost the best time.

07:06 AM Jan 28 2008 |

Green Alice

Russian Federation

To my mind biological "right time for marriage" and social one do not coincide nowadays, causing problems and questions, sometimes regrets.

My "right time" for marriage and having first kid was at 18. At that times I was staring at any kid in sight. I really wanted to be a mom (and would probably have got married, if someone had proposed :D ). But socially I couldn't afford having a child, cos it was my second year at school, I has no profession, no job, and I totally depended on my parents.

Those days are gone and now I don't even turn my head, when a kid is passing by. I have no desire for having kids, but only understanding, that it may get too late… The social "right time" will come for me in a few years, when I get enough experience in my field and enter a good job. I will be close to 30 by that time.

That is my understanding of "the right time", but I should mention that above all, marriage should be based on love, children should grow up in love, which is impossible without "the right person". It takes time (luck, chance) to find one.

10:20 AM Jan 29 2008 |

a7beekmoot

a7beekmoot

Saudi Arabia

The ideal age of marriage differ from Society to other Society and from time to time. My father get married when he was 17 old while my brother and sister get married when they have around 24.the applicable age of merge is depend on many factors that govern  marriage operation like financial ability and the custom of the country.

in my opinion the best old to get marriage is 24.if you have merge while your young, your kid will become your brother in the futur.also, the marriage will make you happy if you select the  Wright person. in addition, marriage  will improve your health and body.it is a decision that anyone should take it. no one will stay  single in whole of his life. the marriage will change your live and may change your mind also:). it   takes you to different way.

I am still signle:)  but i invite every one to get married

11:31 AM Jan 29 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

hakimi ..

thanks for reply.

and it's agood point

the suitable age for girls is from 27 to 35…

06:53 PM Feb 02 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

leenan u are right we have to enjoy ourselves before we get heavy responsiblities..thanks

06:55 PM Feb 02 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

hi pop272001 ..

yea maturity is a basic factor for couples..

no matter what are their age..

maybe he is a mature guy between 23-40..

so we have to know how sacred the bond is

and we have to know if we are ready for it or not…

it's not just a game..

thanks

06:59 PM Feb 02 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

sherryyu..

maybe i don't agree with u in this point

u say we have to enjoy life we we are young..

and i get married around 19 and my husband is around 25..

we are absolutely get bored of each otherSealed

07:06 PM Feb 02 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

Kanaobi ..

?

?

07:07 PM Feb 02 2008 |