Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Converting to Islam: Would you think of doing it?

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Who would convert to Islam? If so, why?

If not, why not?

If you're already a Muslim, why do you think it's the right religion? Why should one convert?

NOTE: I'm not a Muslim. I'm just interested to hear the different thoughts on the topic.

10:38 PM Jan 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

i think moonman answered coz he is not muslim in origion and not arab and ask jews also who converted and why?

read   the topic u know…

06:52 PM Jan 29 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@prince_of_love:

I understand the point that they found the answers they were looking for, but the point of the thread as well is to see the answers and points are, and why they hold up compared to other religions, especially when Islam isn't the only religion that believes in 1 gd. that is all powerful and that created everything.What in particular?

(I'm writing too much. but I'm trying to steer it into the right direction)

07:05 PM Jan 29 2009 |

Marigold

United Arab Emirates

and at last my answer in brief:

because islam gives solution to almost all problems we face in life (social, pshycological, etc)..in addition, islam leads people to be good and to avoid being bad

07:12 PM Jan 29 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@ Marigold:

"I know I went off the topic, but I just wanted to clarify these points"

Actually no, I learned a lot, thank you.

"because islam gives solution to almost all problems we face in life (social, pshycological, etc)..in addition, islam leads people to be good and to avoid being ba"

Hmm. I see. So Islam is a lot more organized in its faith by addressing everything (through the Sunna and Hadith) which leads believers to know exactly what to do. Fair enough.

07:13 PM Jan 29 2009 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

I guess I'm here again because this topic may concerns me as I was non-muslim. but as i mentioned previously that i did not convert to Islam by any force or impression. I embraced Islam after long- Journey-walking.It took me about 5 years, only to find out who AM I and what's my purpose in life and who's God. No thing had given me such answers except the religion of Islam. Just i remember that day when i heard about a friend of mine which embraced Islam before me long time. I talked inside myself that he must be crazy, but today i said he must be smarter than me.

Do you think, it's an easy and simple journey toward to figure out the truth?? never ever, but it's a great journey can not be tested except by those who seeked the same way (i.e. get the truth).

In Islam I'm now more closer to my family, taking care of my parents ( even if they still non-muslims, but Islam commanded me to obey them and admire them unless they order me to act sins) my sister embraced Islam recently. After Islam, I became more sociable and friendly with the peoples. Each Friday, my programm is to call my relatives.

Before Islam, Even the healthy part was not of my preference ( such wet-dream, I had not known if it's necessary, but Islam commanded me to wash and clean myself). I think if anyone try to compare what the science has discovred and talked about wellness and what Quran told , believe me no doubt to say, Quran has all the life secrets. 

07:36 PM Jan 29 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

5 years? That's a while.

5 years considering Islam? Or 5 years searching, and then finding Islam?

07:42 PM Jan 29 2009 |

Atlas Lion

Atlas Lion

United Arab Emirates

I believe that Islam is the most suitable one for each time and place.

Islam religion for many years ago told us some facts ,,, maybe nowadays we know about it.

There are a lot of examples support what I am saying you can search on it. one of them is talking about the stages that fetus go through before seeing this life.

we have this information written in "Holy Quran" that issued by the God befor any of scientist has a tool to proof it.

At the end the role of  human being is to keep looking for the truth of this life.

07:47 PM Jan 29 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

I would, but one thing's disturbing me, I'm afraid of circumcision. What am I to do?

08:02 PM Jan 29 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"The religion of  Islam  is not named after a person or a people, nor was  it decided by  a  later  generation  of man, "

Is that really much of a point? The point that ties those religions together, including Islam, is the fact that it started with people rallying around a charismatic individual: Islam and Muhammed, Judaism and Moses, Chrsitianity and Jesus, Buddhism and Buddha, Confuscianism and Confucius.  I think Hinduism is the one of the only ones that doesn't.

The name of a religion is irrelevant, I think. The Jews never referred to themselves as Jews, but as Israelites. 'Israel'  meaning 'he who wrestles with Gd'.  Islam isn't alone in this regard, in terms of having a unique name.

08:15 PM Jan 29 2009 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

NOT AT ALL

12:48 AM Jan 30 2009 |