Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

new zombie flu outbreak in London

gkisseberth

Germany

EU quarantines London in flu panic

There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in London due to mutation of the H1N1 virus into new strain: H1Z1.

Similar to a scare originally found in Cambodia back in 2005, victims of a new strain of the swine flu virus H1N1 have been reported in London.

After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alert to phase six, its highest level, and advised governments to activate pandemic contingency plans.

In Mexico, the epicentre of the outbreak, President Felipe Calderon urged people to stay at home over the next five days.

CONFIRMED CASESMapMexico: 168 suspected deaths – eight confirmed – 12 zombiesUS: one death, at least 91 confirmed casesNew Zealand: 13 confirmed casesCanada: 19 confirmed casesUK: 5 confirmed casesSpain: 10 confirmed casesGermany: 3 confirmed casesIsrael, Costa Rica: 2 confirmed cases eachThe Netherland, Switzerland, Austria, Peru: 1 confirmed case each
Mapping the outbreakMexican economy squeezed by fluMexico: First swine flu casesAfrica awaits two swine flu tests

There are many cases elsewhere – including the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Israel, and New Zealand.

BBC health correspondent Mark McGrith says the raising of the WHO alert on Wednesday suggests a global epidemic, or pandemic, is imminent.

In the latest developments:

• The Netherlands confirms its first case of zombie swine flu, in a three-year-old boy recently returned from Mexico. After passing away early this morning, he rose from the dead and lunged at his mother.
  • Ghana has become the latest country to ban pork imports as a precaution against swine flu, though no cases have been found in the West African country
  • China's health minister says that the country's scientists have developed a "sensitive and fast" test for spotting swine flu in conjunction with US scientists and the WHO. The country has recorded no incidence of the flu yet. There methods, however, have been uneffective in spotting the H1Z1 strain.

At the meeting of health ministers in Luxembourg, a French proposal for a continent-wide travel advisory for Mexico will be discussed.

SYMPTOMSWHAT TO DOSwine flu symptoms are similar to those produced by ordinary seasonal flu – fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, chills and fatigueIf you have flu symptoms and recently visited affected areas of Mexico, you should seek medical adviceIf you suspect you are infected, you should stay at home and take advice by telephone initially, in order to minimise the risk of infectionIf you feel yourself passing away, then notice your strength and vigor returning at an alarming rate, please attempt to restrain yourself to prevent infection and harm to others.
Q&A: What is swine flu?Swine flu: How serious a threat?Can masks help spread?The quest for a swine flu vaccine

It is unclear whether the EU executive has the power to impose a travel ban.

Several countries have restricted travel to Mexico and many tour operators have cancelled holidays.

Other members are resisting calls to implement travel bans or close borders, on the grounds – backed by the WHO – that there is little evidence of their efficacy.

The EU ministers will also try to agree on how to refer to the new virus.

The European Commission has been calling it "novel flu", replacing the word "swine" to avoid prompting a fall in demand for pork and bacon.

On Wednesday, Egypt began a mass slaughter of its pigs – even though the WHO says the virus was now being transmitted from human to human.

http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm 

06:56 PM May 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

I think its got to do with the human bad behavior,this world have been polluted by peoples who just cares about themself,and thats make it, all the items that human needs daily- foods and drinks,air and waters is mix with chemical waste,and what we have daily is actually…killing us little by little…

02:02 AM May 05 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Allah said in His last book Quran

" Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swine-flesh".....

no thing is forbidden in quran unless it is harmful wether we discover the harmfulness these days or later…..He is the only who has the absolute knowledge…

05:13 AM May 05 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Allah said in His last book Quran

Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swine-flesh"..

what does that have to do with the flu or zombies? 

09:49 PM May 05 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

to do?!!!!

the basic enviroment for the virous….get it or still?

06:55 AM May 06 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Is it true? I mean… that new is not invented??

I mean, I live in Mexico and those who have been infected are OK now (more than 800 people), and only 29 succumbed to the flu swine but they didn´t "return of the grave", hahaha!

Is it not the plot of the new G. Romero movie??

But we don´t have to be worried about. it´s controlled even when there are no vaccine against it. But for sure, we expect a new wave of swine flu on winter, when cold waethers arrived everywhere.

05:15 PM May 06 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

you're right. Saw, it's a fake story/\... at least the part about the zombies.

05:38 PM May 06 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Gkisseberth: Hahaha! Ok, I was wondering what kind of news are people listening and watching outside Mexico… hahaha!

06:18 PM May 06 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I guess some of them have already been affected by "Zombie" flu…. Also "creator" has cleared mentioned that zombies are not to be eaten… so I am safe!!

http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/zombie-guide.gif

06:47 PM May 06 2009 |

jasonbarilea17

Philippines

i heard this virus

and im scared

-

du u think

"the happenings"  movie

is impossible to happen?

"FOR ME"

its POSSIBLE