Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

A SHORT BUT IMPRESSIVE STORY

Maariya

Maariya

Pakistan

A VERY RICH MAN WENT TO A VILLAGE WITH HIS SON. TO SHOW HIM HOW POOR CAN PEOPLE BE. ON RETURN,

FATHER ASKED '' WHAT DID YOU LEARN?

'' SON REPLIED '' WE HAVE NO CATTLE BUT THEY HAVE FOUR''.

''WE HAVE A SWIMMING POOL WHICH IS QUITE BIG BUT THEY HAVE A LAKE & ITS END CAN'T BE FOUND''.

''OUR GARDEN HAS IMPORTED LAMPS BUT THEY HAVE A SKY FULL OF STARS''.

'' OUR COURTYARD ENDS AFTER FEW YARDS BUT THEY HAVE THE WHOLE WORLD AHEAD TO PLAY''.

THANX DADY FOR SHOWING ME HOW POOR WE ARE….......

02:49 PM Aug 15 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Zambuka

Zambuka

United States

his son just showed him real treasure… i don't think that riches are not measures by things…there are a lot of things that can compare with money, etc…. and this story is very meaningful

04:21 PM Aug 15 2009 |

future1988

future1988

China

in the kids eyes,this world is totally different from the adults'. They always speak out somthing true and meaningful to our life.I think we should respect the kids' idea because they are angles and told us god's real will

05:02 PM Aug 15 2009 |

Maariya

Maariya

Pakistan

Thanx all for ur comments.. N i do agree with u future children r like angels n thay dont think like materialistic people like us….they just speak what they feel like this kid.

06:24 PM Aug 15 2009 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

woow nice

07:24 PM Aug 15 2009 |

nabiha joe

nabiha joe

Djibouti

thank you guys

I want to share this story 

Sand and Stone

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand: “TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.”
They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one, who had been slapped, got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After the friend recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone: “TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE.”
The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, “After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?”
The other friend replied: “When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.”

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND, AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE..

الرمل والصخر
ترويْ لنا القصةُ حكايةَ صديقينِ كانا يمشيَان في الصحراءِ، وبعدّ أنْ قطعا مسافةً منَ الرحلةِ حدثَ بينهما خلافٌ، وصفعَ أحدُ الصديقين الآخرَ على وجهِه. تألمّ الصديقُ الذي تلقى الصفعةَ لكنَّه لمْ يقلُ شيئًا، إلا أنه كتبَ على الرمالِ: ” لقدْ صفعنِي اليومَ أعزُ أصدقائِي.”
استمرَا في السيرِ حتى وجدا واحةً قررا أن يستحِما فيها، وأثناء ذلك عِلقَ الصديقُ الذي تلقَّى الصفعةَ في المستنقعِ وبدأ بالغرقِ، لكنَّ صديقَه أنقذَه، وبعدّ أنْ عادَ إلى الحياةِ بعدَ غرقٍ محتومٍ، كتبَ على الصخرِ:” لقدْ أنقذنِي اليومَ أعزُ أصدقائِي.”
سألَه صديقَه الذي صفعَه وأنقذَ حياتَه:” كتبتَ على الرمال بعدّ جرحِي لك والآنَ تكتبُ على الصخرِ! ..لماذا؟”
فأجابَه صديقُه: ” عندما يجرحُنا أحدٌ ما فعلينا أنْ نكتبَ ذلكَ على الرمالِ لأنَّ رياحَ الغفرانِ قادرةٌ على محوِها، أما عندما يحسنُ إلينا أحدهم، فيجبُ أنْ ننحتَ ذلك على الصخرِ لأنَّ الرياحَ لا تستطيع محوها أبدَ الدهرِ.”

تعَّلم أنْ تكتبَ أتراحَك على الرمالِ، وأنْ تنحتَ أفراحَك على الصخرِ.  

have anice day  

09:46 AM Aug 16 2009 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

nice :D i loved the 3 stories you guys have posted here :)

04:09 PM Aug 17 2009 |

famil

famil

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

really nice, very impressive.

07:38 AM Oct 23 2012 |

meduklas

British Indian Ocean Territory

all we need is love…

10:14 AM May 11 2013 |

Atash90

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi Maariya

Very nice story, thanks for sharing.

we have a lot gifts that we take them as granted, a few weeks ago I broke my eyeglasses and couldn’t watch the world as transparent as always used to see for a few hours all of those things that I supposed as discomforts and problems in my everyday life were disappeared and my only real problem was to see the world as beautiful and transparent again. I realized that day how many gifts I have in my life that I’m not aware or take as granted and I’m not gona appreciate them until I lose them.

03:55 PM May 17 2013 |

Gorgon

Gorgon

Romania

Resuscitated threads again.

But we have a BMW, son. What dumb son I have!

05:29 PM Aug 23 2013 |