Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Who likes the movie Pianist ,please come in

Fermat

Fermat

China

I like this movie very very much.It is the perfect combination of love and hate.

12:30 PM Jan 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

usako

usako

China

A good movie.

01:57 PM Jan 30 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

It was a good film – showing the gruesome and senseless effects of war. In the film, Shindler's List, another film about survival. you may remember how the Soviet officer told the survivors "I would advise not to go to the East because they hate you out there, but I would not advise you to go to the West either."

I think the most touching moment in The Pianist was when Captain Hosenfeld tells Szpilman, "Spielen" ("Play" in German). After that, Szpilman went on to survive the war. 

06:20 AM Feb 01 2008 |

Fermat

Fermat

China

I'm glad that you all like this movie very much. The disaster that wars bring to us is too heavy for us to bear.Human beings already have sufferd too many wars caused by the small number of senseless and cold-blooded potentates.And this movie showed us more than the miserable situation of wars, but also the pity to the people who joined the war and the people who suffered the war.Obviously, what war can being to us is no more than suffering.So let's do our best to build a world that the inhuman things will never happen.

07:49 AM Feb 01 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

It's not only about the evils of war, but also about the sufferings that are brought on by racial and religious bigotry – here in Sri Lanka, there in Palestine, and now in Kenya.

10:25 AM Feb 01 2008 |

z456321bvcx

China

Some time,to us,we have seen many movies about wars,but this movie just focused on the life of the pianist, he is a good man,alaways calm,love lives,love his business-piano.but to mine surprise,everybody was pay attention to the miserable war and the impaction of racial,religious,power man.what's a pity.

01:01 AM Feb 02 2008 |

Las Verre

Las Verre

Indonesia

I like the movie very much, the historical background is great! Also the idea to make a movie like that!

07:30 AM Feb 03 2008 |

mikecleaner

China

what an actor, he has the most excellent acting skills

03:34 AM Feb 05 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

The impact of war and fascist victimization are too obvious to ignore in this film. Roman Polanski, the director of the film, was also very lucky to escape. 

Here are some articles about the film and the Pianist: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pianist_(2002_film)

http://imdb.com/name/nm0844262/bio

08:48 AM Feb 05 2008 |

Fermat

Fermat

China

My computer can not open these two pages.What a pity!!

12:02 PM Feb 06 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Here's something interesting on Wilm Hosenfeld:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilm_Hosenfeld

12:18 PM Feb 07 2008 |